Thursday, May 28, 2015

I'm 3 Months Old!

Well, I've made it 3 months already!! This is crazy! It has gone by so quickly, but so slow all at the same time. It's strange how that happens...and the other weird part is that I am finished being trained on Sunday! I'm no longer going to be a greenie!!! Woo!!!!!! Unfortunately, I'm sure I'll still feel like a greenie at times and continue to make mistakes, but hey! you live and learn, right?

Well, to start off...we now have i-pads!!!!!!! We got trained on Wednesday and walked out of the building with a new i-pad mini in hand. I was not expecting that at all!! The training was amazing though. These i-pads are going to be very helpful and useful throughout my mission, and I'm excited to continue learning how to use it in my studies as well as in teaching. 

I'm also branching out in trying new foods! On Sunday, I had lamb for the first time and some SUPER good cookies!! I had like 4 before I knew what flavor they were............Maple Bacon. Yep. BACON. Who puts bacon in cookies??? I think that should be against the rules or something. But the unfortunate part is that the lady in our ward sent us home with the rest, and now that I know there's bacon in it, I don't think of them the same, and I can't eat them anymore. I knew that was going to be the case when I asked her what flavor it was, since it's happened before, but I was not expecting the answer to my question to involve bacon. Ridiculous. haha

Anyways...Alex is doing well! We've had 3 lessons with him since I last emailed, and we've helped him figure out a plan for smoking! Last Monday we had a lesson on recognizing the spirit and helping him realize the answers he's been receiving about quitting smoking. we invited him to pray for a specific date to quit--even though he said God would be happy if he stopped that night-- but he put that commitment to the test and decided on a date. He texted us the next day and said he was going to stop on Thursday (2 days from when he texted us). We met with him on Thursday for our 2nd lesson and were excited to learn how his "quit-day" went. Unfortunately, he didn't do it. However, he decided to meet with his doctor this coming Wednesday and get the patch. That's a start! Then, last night, we met with him and talked about tithing and fasting. After he learned about fasting, he decided that he was going to fast for the next 24 hours about what he can do about smoking! That was so unexpected, but we believe that that was supposed to happen. It's pretty amazing how the spirit is able to speak to us and help us learn what the Lord would have us do is various ways. 

To end this week, we went to the Boston, Massachusetts temple today!!! That was such a neat experience! we can only go once every 6 months (Jan-June/July-Dec) and can only go if we're 2 hours away from the temple. Since transfers are next week and the 6-month mark is about up, Sister Craig and I decided that we should go together since we have no idea what's gong to happen for transfers. I'm so grateful that we were able to go and that we have so many temples around the world today so that we have the opportunity to go often! The gospel is true, and is for everyone. In our Zone meeting this past week, a sister said that the gospel is a "one size fits all". That is so true! The gospel is for everyone, all we need to do is go out and share it with them!

I love you all! Keep P.U.S.H.ing!

Sister Pierce


Bonfire lesson with Alex!! (and Chrissy, his girlfriend)


i-pad!


Boston temple


Temple trip with Sister Courchene (R.S. Pres), Sister Pleasants, and us.

No comments:

Post a Comment