Saturday, June 13, 2015

Transfers...

Hello everyone!!! I hope you are all doing well and are enjoying the start to summer! 

To start off, I have a new companion! Sister Duncan. She's sweet! We pretty much have the same personality, and we are getting along great! It;s been super fun to get to know a new sister and to introduce her to everyone. I was pretty nervous last week to get a new companion and to "lead" the area, but I was just being silly. I have seen myself grow and progress like no other over the past 6 days, and I can;t wait to see how this transfer goes!

Last week I had lobster for the first time!! (Well, I tried lobster before, but this was the full-on lobster!!!) I felt like a barbarian ripping the poor lobster to pieces and sucking the juice out of the shell (sorry...I'm making this really graphic, but I guess that's how the Mainer's eat it....) but it was quite the experience! I'm pretty sure I gagged a few times when I shoved my finger in it's shell to push out the meat and when I saw it's eyes, but it was really good!! I'm definitely being a missionary and trying new things!! I even had clams. Those tasted like sand, but it was still good! haha 

So crazy thing, as I have sitting here writing you all, Sister Duncan's mom found our that we are related!! We're related Through the Pierce line: Elder Isaac Washington Pierce. That's crazy!!! no wonder we get along so well, we're family!!! Sweet. That just made my day!! haha 

I love you all and keep P.U.S.H.ing!
Sister Pierce


The Crazy-eyed Lobster and Clams...yes I ate every bit of that plate. Let's just say I didn't want to eat anything until lunch the next day....Lobster's are really filling!


Time to eat the lobster! (we also wore aprons...true Maine style!)


Crazy cat...this stray cat was locked in our apartment building and wouldn't let us out the door last night. I've never been so afraid of a cat in my life! I've never experienced a cat hiss and growl before. Seriously it sounded like a dog growling. It was freaky!! Also, I'm pretty sure it has rabies so that made it all worse. haha 


Sister Duncan and I! 

No comments:

Post a Comment