Wednesday, December 2, 2015

Thanksgiving & Nine Months Complete!

November 30, 2015

Happy thanksgiving all!! I hope you had a great holiday! We went to a family's home who didn't have an oven...just a stove and an "easy-bake" oven. That made things interesting! They luckily were able to borrow a roaster from their neighbors for the turkey. It all turned out really well! As we were eating with them, I realized that every family has different traditions for holidays, and it made me grateful for my family and also how it truly is a time of year where we can gather as families and talk about what we are grateful for. There are so many things to be grateful for! This is also a great time for service! We were able to do some service this week at a soup kitchen, and we helped organize a member's food storage. That was so fun! It was in their basement, and the basement was truly handmade. It was carved out of a rock and there were little streams in the floor. Crazy. It actually felt like a prison a little, just a lot cooler. Well, I guess a lot cooler looking. I'm sure it would have been the same temperature. Haha 

This week, I hit my 9 month mark! Crazy! I can't believe that I'm in the downhill now. I don't even feel like I've done enough yet! Hopefully that changes with these last few months I have as a full time missionary! I truly hope I can make the most of my last half of my mission and that it doesn't go by too quickly! 

This week we also saw the hand of the lord so many times! Our investigators, unfortunately, aren't progressing that much, but we are still trying to keep our end of the commitment of finding a ride to church for them. We had the hardest time finding a ride to take them to and from church, but we finally found one to take them to church, but not back. They said they wouldn't go if they didn't know if they had a ride back home or not, so we busted our buns to try and find a ride to take them home. After making lots of calls, (at like 7:30 at night) we finally found one!! Unfortunately our investigators stood up the ride and didn't come to church, but at least we were able to strengthen our testimonies of the power of prayer, persistence, and diligence!

I hope you all have a fantastic week! Love you all!

Keep PUSHing!
Sister Pierce



Thanksgiving with the Derr's...yes, those are all Legos behind us....they're legit!


Here's a close up of one of them. So cool!

No comments:

Post a Comment