Wednesday, January 27, 2016

Sister Pierce is in the "Black Bath"

November 23, 2015

Hello all!! Well, I'm back in Maine! I'm serving in the Topsham, Maine
area but living in Bath, ME. And my new companion is sister Black!
...she came up with my subject line. She's pretty great. She's from
Provo Utah and is just like me! We have so much in common, but she's
kinda a punk sometimes...does that make me a punk, since we're so
similar? Ha she's pretty great though!

This week we had a lesson with a new investigator who is 99 years old,
she asked us to read the Book of Mormon to her, and since I was
sitting closest to her, she asked me to read it. We started with the
title page and read to the testimony of the 3 witnesses. Oh my word.
The spirit was so strong!! Both sister Black and I felt it so
strongly, and we know Margaret must have felt it, but she said she was
not interested in being converted. We'll see if her thoughts change
when we read to her this week. It was amazing though. That experience
truly testified to me that the Book of Mormon is the word of God! Even
from the first page, the spirit comes so strongly. I also feel like
there was a stronger spirit because I was reading it outloud, and
loudly. It's amazing how the spirit can come so quickly when you're
speaking, and reading the truth. Being a missionary is the best!

I love you all and hope you have a wonderful Thanksgivng!!

Keep PUSHing!
Sister Pierce




Sister black and I (with our Christmas tree!)



 The elders in our ward. They're pretty fun! (Elders Skouby and Cashen)

No comments:

Post a Comment