Wednesday, January 27, 2016

Hello from Maine!

December 14, 2015

Hello all! I hope you are all doing well and that you are enjoying
this holiday season!!

So this week, we got a new investigator! It's a part member family,
and I guess they haven't been that interested in the church before but
we're making progress with them! Brother Bubar is the investigator and
he seems sincerely interested in learning more and with reading the
Book of Mormon. He even asked if there was a study group that he could
be a part of so he could understand the book better. That was pretty
exciting! It was an interesting experience though. I was really
nervous and was shaking quite a bit. Like an uncontrollable teeth
chatter. It was ridiculous. Sister black didn't notice, but later
thought it could have been a nervous/excited reaction. I realized that
could have happened because I haven't taught a real first lesson in a
while. I've always gone I to areas where people are already past the
first lesson and with Lorraine, it was just a simple lesson plan each
time. But, this was the first time I taught the restoration to two
people who didn't know anything about it. That was pretty crazy. It
was also different because that was the first time sister black and I
really taught together-- all of the other lessons have really just
been thoughts, not lessons. So that was pretty sweet! I felt like a
real missionary again!

Also, we did lots of service this week and we helped stack wood and
cut down trees! Well, we just watched them cut down trees, but it was
pretty neat. I think I'm becoming a much more outdoorsy person the
longer I'm in Maine. We also did some random stop bys with people this
week, and that was all led by the spirit. We weren't planning on
visiting them, but with following the spirit, we were where we were
supposed to be at the right time. It's amazing how the spirit works
that way. Each of the people we stopped by were showing strong signs
of interest, and were showing signs of wanting to change and come back
to church. It was amazing!! Sometimes it's hard to recognize the
spirit, but when you can recognize it and have the courage to follow
it, miracles happen!

I love you all!

Keep PUSHing!
Sister Pierce

No comments:

Post a Comment