Tuesday, April 28, 2015

First Transfer is COMPLETE!

Holy cow...can you believe I've already made it through my first transfer? I know I can't! This time is already flying by but that doesn't mean I know what I'm doing. haha Luckily I'm still getting trained this next transfer by Sister Craig! I'm glad that i'm not getting a new companion quite yet, but let me tell you....being with someone 24/7 is really.......difficult. That's all I'll say about that. haha

Anyways, to start off, today is Patriots Day!!! (If you don't know what that is, don't worry, it's only celebrated in New Hampshire and Maine. I'm not even sure I know what they're celebrating today...haha) But, at least the library is open so we can email! That was definitely a blessing! :) Earlier this week, we had Zone Meeting and we learned about being persistent and finding "the one". There are so many people in the world who may want to learn about the gospel, but never get a chance because missionaries (and members) are not persistent with finding the "one" who needs the gospel in their lives. The cool thing about that lesson was that after Zone Meeting, Sister Craig and I put that training to use and went out to find the "one" while we were out finding a referral. He wasn't home, and we didn't have the streets near him on our plans to tract, but we both got the prompting to go and tract on it anyways because we knew we were in the area for a reason. By doing so, we only talked to a few people, but the second person we talked to was interested in our message! The funny thing was that when we saw her on her porch, she went inside her house after realizing who we were. I definitely got a "cold vibe" from her, but it turned out she was super friendly and was interested in us coming back! That was ironic. But I learned from that experience that I should never judge a "book by it's cover"!

Something else that happened this week with following the spirit was with Alex. He has been struggling with smoking again, and we have been struggling with knowing how to best help him conquer this addiction. He wanted us to pray for another "quit date" so that he could try again. We planned on having him quit on Sunday, but during the lesson on Thursday, it changed to having him quit Friday morning. That wasn't our plan, but he kept telling us that he wouldn't like it, but he could stop the next day. I feel like he was able to feel that way because we sang him "Be Still My Soul" and he LOVED it! He is really good at applying things to himself and when we finished singing, that's exactly what he did. He said "I can do this. Jesus is with me and He can help me". Alex loved the hymn so much that he asked if he could record us singing or if there was a "Pocket-Sized Pierce" he could have. hahaha pretty great. I love how much he appreciates us and how he calls us his angels. He is super sweet, and he is going to be such a great member of the church, he just needs to stop smoking dang it! haha but that night I got a HUGE impression to take his pack of cigarettes away so taht he could stop the next day, and he let me! (after leaving him one last one) We dumped it down the sewer when we left, and we were so proud of him! Unfortunately, Friday was a terrible day and Satan threw everything he could at him, and we're back to him smoking...again..........this is ridiculous. Just stop smoking!! Ugh....haha

Anyways, this was a pretty long email. Sorry! I'm just letting you all experience my mission with me! :) haha I love you all!

Keep P.U.S.H.ing!
Sister Pierce




Kind of a silly picture, but Sister Craig and I have the same shirt!!!!! I came down the stairs and went right back up to change...haha (after taking a picture first, of course)


Augusta South Zone!



Sis Craig and I decided to go back in time....she looked like she was from the 80's and I looked like I was from the 50's. So fun :)


No comments:

Post a Comment