Wednesday, April 1, 2015

They Say They Have Four Seasons...



Well, it's snowing...again. I don't understand why people say they have four seasons here, the only seasons I've heard about (and seen) are snow season, mud season (what happens after all the snow melts), and humid season. I've also heard that the seasons are cold, colder, and freezing. Both of those descriptions only have 3 seasons. Where's the 4th one? I have no idea....they might think it's Spring, but I'm pretty positive that's non-existent over here.
Anyways, even though it's cold, we're are still sharing the gospel and bringing others unto Christ!! It's been so much fun to receive weird looks from others when we're outside freezing or getting drenched from the rain. They ask us why we're doing that, and we always say that we want to share the message of Jesus Christ with everyone! (even if it involves walking in crazy weather). haha This past week we've also heard from various people that they know who we are even if we're far away. They can just tell. "We walk the walk and talk the talk". It might have something to do with us wearing skirts with big snow boots, and stopping people in the middle of the street, but who knows. haha It's just cool to hear that people are able to recognize us as representatives of the Lord even if we aren't able to talk with them. So cool!
On Thursday, we were able to help Alex start the "Stop Smoking Program"  so that he can prepare for baptism on May 2nd. This program is super cool. It's 15 steps that helps you stop smoking in just 7 days! He's been smoking since he was 14 (he's now 37) and this has been the longest he's gone without smoking, and it's been 4 days! The first thing he said when we saw him on Friday was that his hallway leading to his apartment smells terrible! haha he is so grateful he's getting his senses back and can't wait to deep clean so that it can start smelling better. haha It's been so exciting to see the Light of Christ appear stronger and stronger in his eyes as we continue to teach him. When we are closer to the Spirit and don't do things that dulls it, we are able to have that light more prominent in our countenances, and I am able to see that firsthand with Alex. The gospel is TRUE!!!!! It brings light into our lives and we are able to have the Spirit with us more often!
Something else that happened when we met with Alex this week (since we've had daily contact with him to keep up on him not smoking) is that I was able to gain a stronger testimony on the power of Prayer. We met with him and shared a few mormon.org videos with him then said a prayer. He asked me to say it, and the only way I was able to say what he needed to hear was through the Spirit. When I was finished with the prayer, he looked up at me and said, "I can do this, can't I? This is really happening. You believe I can do this. This is real. how did I not know about this before?" It is so cool to have those spiritual experiences with investigators and see them make the connection that they can overcome these hard trials through the Atonement, and through the power of prayer.
Prayer is real. It can strengthen us, help us, comfort us, bless us, and help us feel the Love of Christ. I love this gospel. I am so grateful I am a missionary, and am so grateful I have been able to witness how the gospel blesses the lives of others.
I love you all! Keep P.U.S.H.ing (pray until something happens)!  
Sister Pierce

 New missionary training meeting!


Cool picture of fog and the railroad!


Decided to walk since they have limited miles to drive per month. 
They had no idea it was going to rain. 
So drenched, and yet so happy. 


Almost everyone has a white house, but they have a sweet colored door!

No comments:

Post a Comment