Wednesday, November 4, 2015

4 Months Already?

June 29, 2015

Hey there. Can you believe I've already been out for 4 months? I can't! I still feel like this whole experience is surreal....

Anyways, this week we had zone conference and I was amazed by some stats we heard from the media guy. He showed that the adults who attend church in the US was the most in Utah (yeah! go Mormons!) by 51%, and the lowest was in New England, mainly Vermont with 12% and New Hampshire & Massachusetts with 17%. I knew that New Englanders weren't very religious (more spiritual), but I didn't realize how low it was. We also have been hearing more and more churches being closed down and in Just Biddeford alone, I've seen 3 churches with for sale signs in front of them. I never thought I would ever see a church for sale!! it has just been proving that these are the last days and we're in the "final hour". I am so grateful for the knowledge that we have with the gospel and am grateful for the opportunity I have to share it with others. 

Alex has been doing alright. He hasn't quit smoking yet, but has the patch. He hasn't used it yet, but at least he has it. He also has been giving into Satan more lately, and it's been difficult to help him increase his faith and trust in the Lord when he's so scared of Satan. Sister Duncan was a boss though and literally yelled at Satan at our last lesson. That was sweet!! She told Satan that "Alex Kaminsky is ours and he has to go though us first to get to him". She's pretty legit. :) 

We went to a ward softball game this weekend too and I forgot how sore you can get from playing sports! haha It was so fun to be a part of it though and build a closer relationship with the ward. We also went to an arts festival this weekend to invite people to hear a message of the gospel. Sister Duncan is going to be an Art Therapist, so she was in heaven!! I also really enjoyed looking at all the photogrraphy, and was wanting to go out and take pictures! That festival was probably a bad idea because we just wanted to do "normal people stuff" but weren't able to. This morning we actually went to a vintage thrift shop and that was sweet!! They have clothes from the 60's to the 90's and it was all legit!! I mean leather dresses, puffy sleeves, the whole shindig! It was so much fun! I'm grateful we're able to do some "normal people stuff" once a week! :)

That's it for this week, but I hope you all enjoy your 4th of July this weekend!! 

Keep P.U.S.H.ing!
Sister Pierce

Pictures:


President Bush Senior lives in Kennebunkport and this is his house!! You know he's home when the US and Texas flag are up. We also have his bodyguard in our ward. So cool!


Zone Conference- Sister Duncan & I


ZC- Sister Craig & I

No comments:

Post a Comment