Wednesday, November 4, 2015

Happy 4th!!!

July 6, 2015

I hope you all enjoyed your holiday this weekend!!! It was pretty weird to be a missionary on this holiday, especially in a beach area because you just see all of these vacationers and families everywhere not having a care in the world and just enjoying the holiday. The last holiday I had was Easter, and it wasn't that weird since I spent it watching Conference. But with the 4th of July, we actually had to do missionary work! Weird, right? haha Not very many people wanted to talk to us, no surprise there, but it was also hard since lots of the people we talked to were only there for the weekend. I'm noticing more and more how touristy Maine is (and probably most of New England) in the summer time. It definitely makes missionary work more tricky! 

For the 4th the only exciting thing we did was go to a parade and ate Thai food. Yep! Thai food on Independence Day. haha we were going to have lunch with a member, but she got sick, so we decided to eat untraditional 'Muerica food. It was pretty good! I think I've had more ethnic food on my mission than I have in my entire life. Pretty fun! Anyways, the parade we went to was in Ocean Park and is a family community. Everyone who walks in the parade is family and TONS of kids. Some things/people who were in the parade include:

clowns
a marching band
mermaids
a kazoo band
sweet old-fashioned cars
a barbershop quartet
Miss Cinnamon Roll (she was also eating a cinnamon roll....)
tons of Kids who decorated their own bikes
and ......SANTA CLAUS!!!!! I'm not kidding. Santa was in the parade. 

That's all the fun I had this week! haha but a little note on the area....

Alex isn't progressing anymore because he hasn't come to church for 3 weeks. We don't know what's going on, but we're still meeting with him and he's still reading and praying, and all, but it's been hard to know what to share with him when he's just "stuck" and not putting forth much effort to prepare more for baptism. He's not a lost cause though. He's just acting like a snail at the moment. Just slowly moving along. I don't remember if I told you or not but we also have started teaching a family! Well mainly just the mom, but her son Cooper joined in yesterday (he's 6). They actually have family who are members, and that's how we found them because Cooper was blessed in the church, but now we're officially teaching them. They're so fun!!! They also have a crazy house full of animals...15 cats, a guinea pig, a dog, and 2 hermit crabs. They're pretty much Petsmart. speaking of Petsmart, I mentioned how I always wanted to work there and found out that they do service there each week playing with kittens and feeding them. We might start helping them out this week! That would be fun! I'm not a huge cat person, but they're starting to grow on me...not to the point of owning one, but I am starting to like them more!

That's about it over here, only with a bunch of humidity, but that's nothing new. haha Enjoy your week!!

Keep P.U.S.H.ing!
Sister Pierce

--Pictures from the parade--


Thomas the Train!


Barbershop Quartet


Sweet car #1


4. Sweet car #2


 Proof of Santa Claus (my camera was dying so it's not a great picture, but you can still see he was there!!) :)

Soda Fountain sign

No comments:

Post a Comment