Thursday, November 5, 2015

I think I'm overloaded on sweets..and pizza...

November 2, 2015

Hello! I hope you all had a great Halloween and are enjoying the start of November! Where has this year gone?! It's crazy!

This week was possibly the most eventful week I've had on my entire mission! On Monday we had district p-day and carved pumpkins and went to Texas road house. While at Texas road house, the elders made me sit on the saddle for my birthday! Ugh...so embarrassing! But it made me feel good that they celebrated my birthday with me a little. Then on Tuesday, we did service at upReach and ended up unloading about 675 bales of hay! It was crazy, I've never seen so much hay in my life! It was loaded up in a Fritos lays 18 foot truck! Ridiculous! It was so
much fun though. I really love service, especially as a missionary! Then on Wednesday, the elders made me a birthday cake and the district all sang to me! I hate being put on the spot, but it made me feel good that I was cared enough about to have that happen unexpectedly. We also saw Lorraine on Wednesday and our investigator Jackee. Lorraine is hopefully going to be baptized next Saturday and Jackee is starting to look forward to our visits! Success!! She never really made time for us, but now she is. I think it's because she's more prepared for the gospel now and because we bring a member with us each week who she loves! Members are the best with missionary work. I have grown to really appreciate the efforts of members in missionary work. It's not the same when members are not involved. It's crazy! Members are the key to missionary work!

We also had trunk or treat this week and sister Lee and I had no idea what to be, then we decided to be New England fans. I was a Red Sox fan and sister Lee was a patriots fan. Nothing too exciting, but at least we dressed up a little! We also received a referral that evening from our investigator, Bobbi, who surprisingly showed up! It was awesome! Unfortunately it was super rainy that evening, so we just trick or treated from door to door in the church, but it was still fun to see everyone in their costumes! Then on Thursday, it was my birthday! It was weird though because it didn't feel like anything special. I guess that's what starts to happen as you get older, right?
Ha but it was pretty special backseat I got some phone calls from missionaries in our area, and we went out to lunch with sister holm and pettingill in the office. It's so fun to serve in the mission office area! We also saw our investigator, Leah. She met with missionaries in the last, so she already knows that the Book of Mormon
is true! We're still getting to know her, but I think she's going to be progressing soon! Then, that evening, we had a lesson with a LA, brother Therrien. He bought me a cake and we had a "mini birthday party"! Oh man...I had so much cake and candy this week.....It's insane.

Then on Halloween, we deep cleaned. Our apartment has so much junk in it! We spent almost all 4 hours just cleaning and organizing our study room. It's insane. We filled an entire box with just teachings of the living prophets books. Then we found a gajillion bars of soap, a pair of rollerblades, 2 bike helmets (no bikes, though), a box of hot curlers, etc.  and that was just one part of our apartment...ridiculous. Then last night we had a pizza party with our assistant ward mission leader, just for fun. He made like 12 pizzas! Crazy! They have a sign in their house that says, "pace yourself"....they obviously know how to eat a lot of pizza because we and the elders were slowing down around the 7th pizza....it was crazy! But so good!!

I am so grateful for this gospel and for how it truly brings everyone together. The gospel has blessed my life immensely and I have seen how it blesses the lives of the members in New England and the lives of those we teach. I am so grateful for the truthfulness of the gospel and for the peace and comfort it brings in trying times. I love you all and I hope you all can see the blessings of the gospel in your lives, because they're all around us!

Keep PUSHing!
Sister Pierce


Trunk or Treat 


Our Bishop is Luke skywalker....hahah so fun!


Birthday Fun (Sister Lee's mom gave me a tiara and birthday sash. I had to take a picture of it) 




Our pumpkin



Birthday party gang


Sister Butler loves Betty Boop, so this is me with Betty




Me with some New England scenery!

No comments:

Post a Comment