Thursday, November 5, 2015

Trio Power=No More



September 28, 2015

Well, we got some news on Friday that a sister was going home early, so that resulted in an emergency transfer and Sister Hamilton got sent to Farmington, Maine yesterday afternoon. i'm super bummed out. But, at least I am still here with sister Lee! 

Anyways, this week was pretty exciting. On Monday, we visited some potential investigators and met this man named Roy. Sisters have visited there in the past so he knew the drill. He knew we were missionaries, knew why we were there, and knew that we couldnt come inside because he was the only one home. We talked with him about the gospel and he is a strong Christian and became super excited to learn that we believe most of the same things. He got so excited that he asked is he could give us a hug. haha after awkwardly standing there for a few seconds I began to say, "well, not really..." then he gave me a hug anyways and eventually gave sister hamilton and sister lee a handshake because he could see how awkward we were about recieving hugs...haha It was pretty funny. he seemed really interested in learning more, and said he would get back to us in a couple of weeks after he reads a little of the book of mormon. Unlike everyone else, he actually seemed sincere and true about getting back to us. I guess we will see though!

On Wednesday we met with our investigator Loraine. We brought her a children's book of mormon, and she (and her mom) were so excited!!!! Loraine began to read the first story right away! Sister Springer (her mom) then asked if we could come back on friday and make it a regular thing to come twice a week. When we came on Friday, I extended a baptismal date to her, and she accepted!!!!!! As of right now, she will be baptized on November 7th. Her mom was thrilled!! I was thrilled as well! We originally planned on extending October 17th, but as we were weekly planning, I didn't feel good about it. So, I looked at the calendar and november 7th stood out to me and sisters hamilton and lee were a little confused at first, but once I extended it, the spirit confirmed to me (and the othere sisters too) that november 7th is the day for her. The spirit is amazing in missionary work!

We also visited a LA on Wednesday and sister Hamilton and I set up her TV for her! So fun! It made me feel good that we could do that and that we didnt; need to call the elders. haha

Then, on Thursday, we went to the mission office to help them with facebook and the mission blog. that was fun to do someting a little different. we then got treated to lunch by Elder and Sister Pettingill (office staff who lives in our ward). We also visited a LA, brother Therrian, that evening and invited him to church since sister hamilton and an elder were doing a musical number. and guess what?? HE CAME!!!!!!! He left the church about 2 years ago and didn;t want to go back for various reasons, and also because one of his cats is about to pass away, and he didn't want to leave her alone for too long, but we were SO excited he came! Sister Hamilton and I ran to him when we saw him in the foyer! No joke. We litterally ran to him...haha I also couldn;t stop smiling because he was welcomed by so many people! He thought he was forgotten, and not missed, but that became false doctrine very quickly! person after peerson after person came up to welcom him back and to tell him that they missed him. So great!! I literally couldn't stop smiling. The church is amazing!!

Then, last night, after we exchanged companions, we had dinner at our ward mission leaders house. He's our new ward mission leader, so we didn;t know him and his family very well, but as we had dinner with them, I grew to love that family so much! they're a blast and are so sarcastic, I love it! haha they're also very blunt (escpcially brother Reber, our WML). haha he's pretty great. he asked sister lee randomly what her first maname was and she answered him right away! I was like, "Sister Lee! don't just give it away!" Brother Reber asked me why I said that and I said that it;'s more fun to have people guess it. So, they then started to guess my name. After about 3 guesses, my name was guessed by the daughters boyfriend! After he said brittany, a daughter said, "yeah, she looks like a brittany", then prother reber said, "what's your last name? Pierce? Brittany Pierce, like Britney Spears? Nah..." they then kept guessing and I said one of the names was right. When the boyfriend said, "was I right?" and I said yes, he was in total shock! haha he thought I was "pulling his leg" and I obviously wasnt! haha it was pretty great. ha

Wow. This is really long...sorry! I just want you all to experience every detail of my week, i guess. haha But, I think that's about it! I love you all and hope you all enjoy general conference this week!! The church is true!!!

Keep P.U.S.H.ing!
Sister Pierce



What the Tiwi looks like...not too exciting...


 Loraine and Sister Springer!! (and Foxy's family...Jayden, Marilda, Whisper, Trixie, and bambi--I'm holding Whisper :) )


 Brother Therrian!! 


Brother Therrian and Brother Fontaine (an amazing fellowshipper and member of the ward!)



Our investigator Diane Faiella!


"Thank You" sign in Manchester. I have no idea what is being thanked, but I thought it was pretty great. haha


Claude!! A sweet gentleman in our ward. He's deaf and gave me a ASL textbook a few weeks ago. Now that sister hamilton is gone (who was interpreting for him) I think he's expecting me to learn! Oh dear...haha At least I have the alphabet down already!


Last Trio Picture


Me and Sister hamilton!!!


Picture from Hanover. Our next door neighbor, brother Johnson made us "survival bracelets" (made out of rope), and we had to take a picture with them! 

No comments:

Post a Comment