Thursday, November 5, 2015

Mission Life...

September 7, 2015

Happy Labor Day!!

Boy, I don't even know what to write this week. This week definitely had its ups and downs. We went on exchanges and guess who one of my sister training leaders is!!?? Sister Davis!!!! Ah, I'm so grateful for that! I've realized that I miss her a lot, and that amazes me because we were only companions for 6 weeks! It's crazy how quickly a friendship can build when you are in such close quarters and are with each other 24/7!

Training is super fun! It's definitely tricky at times knowing how to loving correct some things and knowing how to help make missionary work be exciting and fun and not seem tedious, but I'm still trying to figure out ways to "spice it up". I haven't come up with anything yet....haha.

Anyways, we've been getting to know the ward pretty well, and I have already grown to love everyone! I decided to bear my testimony yesterday and a sister actually saw us in the grocery store today and thanked me for my testimony. She even said she wanted to write my mom and dad to tell them how cool I am!! (So watch for a letter mom and dad! ;)) Haha im not trying to boast, but I'm grateful that I was able to help the ward see how excited I am about missionary work! It really is the best thing ever. As we were doing service at UpReach last week ( a therapeutic horse ranch for special needs), I discovered how much I love doing service and love picking up horse poop!! Haha it just feels so good to serve others, especially the lord. Sister Hamilton told me yesterday in companion inventory that I am the "ideal missionary and ideal companion". That made me feel so good!! I'm so grateful that I have this opportunity to serve and to be an example to other missionaries and have the opportunity to co-train sister Lee. As president told me "the lord is going to use you as his instrument, so be prepared", I know he was referring to this companionship. It's not the easiest thing, and it's challenging at times, and I feel like a am not as prepared as I should be, but I am grateful for all the challenges that I receive because I know they are only given to me to help me and make me stronger.

The gospel is so true. I love it with all my heart, and I love serving the lord. I love the people of New England, and I just absolutely LOVE being a missionary!!!

Keep P.U.S.H.ing!
Sister Pierce


My new companions!


"Glamor shots" with sister Hamilton (floral) and sister
Lee (black shirt). 


 Don't judge my faces.....it was late that
night....haha




The greenie by a very appropriate sign! So cool!

No comments:

Post a Comment