Thursday, November 5, 2015

Snow? What the...

October 19, 2015

Well, we had our first snow fall yesterday!! okay, it was only snow flurries, but still!!! There were baby snowflakes hitting our car!!! I'm not ready for this weather. I'm sure my complaining will just increase as winter continues to approach, so sorry! haha Everyone keeps saying that this winter is going to be worse than last winter. Great. Luckily I only have one winter on my mission, right?!

This week was pretty good. Other than the quick drop in temperature, I survived another week! Training has it's good days and it's bad days, but it's been a great challenge! Sister Lee has been doing great with teaching, even if she doesn't remember what we're teaching. She also has been very complimentory of me with training her and giving her good advice on door apporaches. That always makes me feel good--feels like I'm doing something right!

This week I have been studying for Lorraine and pondering on how we can teach the word of wisdom and the law of chastity to an almost 10 year old who is very innocent. I have been stressing about that for a while, but let me tell you! The spirit is AMAZING!! I was just reading the lessons, and I had so many ideas just flow into my mind about how we could simply teach the law of chastity and word of wisdom. Lorraine loves the children's book of mormon, so I decided to pull out a scripture story of Daniel in the old testament kids bible (Daniel 1) to talk about the word of wisdom along with showing some visuals that my sister Rebecca made for me! (Thanks Becca!!) And for the law of chastity, I have been thinking of how we could focus on modesty and eternal marriage. Those are just some ideas, but as I was working on them, I was SO EXCITED!! I can't wait until we teach those lessons to her. The spirit is truly amazing and is in every aspect of misisonary work (as well as each of our lives). 

I love you all and hope you have a great week!! 

Keep P.U.S.Hing!
Sister Pierce

No comments:

Post a Comment