Thursday, November 5, 2015

I'm turning into a New Englander...

October 26, 2015

Hey there everyone! Happy Halloween this weekend!! I hope you all have fun plans and have fun ideas for what you're going to be! Sister Lee and I are still trying to come up with a clever idea to dress up as. Hopefully we think of something quick! Our time is running out. We get to dress up at our ward trunk or treat on Wednesday, so that will be fun! Then on Halloween, all of the missionaries need to be in by 5pm so that we can stay safe with the crazy things that tend to occur on Halloween evening. So, we are instructed to do a "deep clean on Halloween". That should be fun! We actually will have time to organize and see what materials we have for proselyting and such. 

So, yesterday, I hit my 8 month mark. Crazy! And I think I'm starting to turn into a new Englander because this morning during comp study, I said "sister Lee, that's a really good idear." I said idear! That's what all the New Englanders say! They literally add an r to almost every word, and idea with an r is the most common. And I said it and it was natural. I barely even caught myself! Goodness gracious.  I was super upset. Haha well, I guess it's alright because I'm actually letting my mission "go through me", right? Ha

This week we had zone interviews and I got a lot of good advice from President Stoker on how to best help Sister Lee. She's doing really well, but she's been very emotional the past week or so as we do real plays during comp study. She's becoming very overwhelmed and has told me that she doesn't like people or like talking to people....that makes missionary work very hard! So, it was good to get some advice from president to know how to best help her. 

We also found a new investigator this week. She was a referral from a member. We didn't have much time to visit with her because she had other plans that day, but it's exciting that we're still finding people to teach! We also have a few other potential investigators, that just are never home, but continue to reschedule with us, so that gives me hope that they're being more than "just nice". 

Also, yesterday during gospel essentials, I tried to interpret for Claude in ASL. I know a little bit from reading a textbook he let me borrow, but I still did terrible. He was very patient with me though. I also became flustered when I had to spell out a bunch of words and I was getting confused with letters. However, he kind of expects me to interpret for him...so that's interesting. It was hard though because the lesson was on the great apostasy. Ugh...and the other member who is going to school for ASL is somewhat inactive, and she didn't even know what the apostasy was...so Sunday's are going to be interesting....But it will be a fun challenge!

That's about it over here! Except for the fact that the elders are starting to call me "grandma" because I'm so much older than all of them. On Thursday, I'm officially going to be about 3-4 years older than them...weird...

Have a great week and great Halloween!

Keep PUSHing!
Sister Pierce


Fall colors...I slightly die a little inside when I know I can't pull the car over and take pictures of all of the beautiful colors around New Hampshire. Sister Lee thinks I'm crazy! I guess that's what you get for having a "photography mind". So, here's the best I could do with pictures...these don't even do it justice. You'll just have to come back and visit with me in the fall! That's my plan! :)






No comments:

Post a Comment