Wednesday, November 4, 2015

Happy Father's Day

June 22, 2015

Hello!! Happy (belated) Father's Day to all you Father's (and soon-to-be fathers) out there! :)

This week we had exchanges and I stayed in Biddeford again. I wasn't as nervous this time around because I've already experienced it and I know the people better. I also have realized that I don't enjoy exchanges very much, but this one was super fun because we basically just had ward activities the whole time! Wednesday afternoon we visited two ladies in the ward, then that evening we went to a Bridal Shower and then went to coordination meeting (they're usually on Thursday evenings). Then Thursday morning we went to help the Relief Society make Father Day gifts and then had lunch and exchanged back. We didn;t even have time to proselyte!! However, with having all of those ward activities, I learned that I know the ladies in the ward really well, and I fit in with the ward. During my first 2 transfers in the area, I felt like I didn;t know the ward very well and felt like they were just getting annoyed with the missionaries always calling them to come teaching with us. But now, I feel like I have friends in the ward and feel like I'm a part of this ward! That has definitely helped me enjoy the work a lot more. :)

We planned on dropping Time and Jannett this week, but ended up never meeting with them because we had to exchange during the time we meet with them. We tried to see them Wednesday afternoon and friday afternoon, but they weren;t there, and now we'll never see them again because we don't have a phone number and the afterschool program is finished since school's out. I think it was a little blessing in disguise that we weren't able to see them because their plan was to have their pastor there and another friend to help convert us and save us. I think we dodged a bullet with that one! I kinda feel weird that we didn't "close it up" very well, but at least I have a new experience under my belt. 

I know that the Lord challenges each of us in ways that we may not understand, but He does it because He knows it will strengthen us and help us become the people He knows we can become. I am so grateful for this time that I've been able to be on my mission so far, and can;t believe how quickly it has gone by already (I hit my 4 month mark on Thursday!). As our investigator Alex always says, "I can't wait to see what the Lord turns me into."

I love you all!

Keep P.U.S.H.ing!
Sister Pierce



We went bowling on Monday for our district p-day and I won!! (even though the score is really low (I'm the top score), I still won! I couldn't believe it.) 


Father Day gifts!


Exchanges with Sister Blume


Portland headlight


Cool compass pic "hipster style" :)


A taste of what Biddeford looks like. (Those are old mills in the background)


Elders bowling...it's actually called "Candle pin" and you bowl with a TINY ball! It's like the size of a large softball. Crazy!


Elders bowling...you can't even see the ball, it's that small!


Sister Duncan and I

No comments:

Post a Comment