Thursday, November 5, 2015

Exchanges=New Experiences

August 17, 2015

Hello!!!

This week we went on exchanges and I stayed here in Hanover. I think it's interesting that whenever we go on exchanges and I stay in the area, something crazy always happens.....I don't know what the Lord is trying to teach me...haha. We went to teach Terry (who we met with on Sunday) and planned on teaching him the Plan of Salvation. We ended up just having a Q&A with him and all of our answers seemed to be rejected because it was our testimony. he really wants to know WHY we believe what we do, and won't take our answers of "faith and prayer" as solid proof. He said he was going to read the book of mormon from cover to cover (as did his girlfriend and his roommate, Dan...who they both became new investigators) and sister McVey and I (the sister I went on exchange with) were worried that he wouldn't get much out of it because he might not read it with real intent. the lesson was pretty interesting and we had to just stand up and start walking out so he would let us go and not ask us anymore questions. Some people are so hard-hearted, but are also really interested in learning about "the mormons". I'm grateful that he asked us all of the questions he did though because it helped prove to me that I do have a strong testimony about the gospel and that I won't let anyone tell me other wise or try to lead me astray. I even started bearing my testimony to Terry and started to get choked up, and he cut me off and started talking about something else! Rude. I am so grateful that I do have a testimony of this gospel and that I'm not afraid to stand up for it. This gospel is amazing, and only has truth. You don't need proof of it and you don't need God to come down himself to tell you that it is true (like Terry would like to have happen). All you need to do is have faith, believe, and try it out for yourself (Alma 32:27-28) by praying and you will know that this is the only true gospel on the earth. how great is that??!!

Anyways, we had an investigator come to church yesterday (Nancy) ! it was pretty suprising that she came and that she stayed the full 3 hours. We were talking to her on the phine on Friday to set up an JSM tour and then I asked if she would come to church, and she said yes! sweet!!! thank you Holy Ghost for propmting me to ask that! :) The ward seemed pretty shocked to see us bring someone with us. haha

Well, that's about it for this week. We find out on Frday if we get transferred, so stay tuned for next week!!! :) 

Keep  P.U.S.H.ing (pray until something happens)!
Sister Pierce



The brigham's. Super fun LA brother and sister we meet with each week (and their dog Cuddles!!!). 


 Exchange with sister mcVey


Exchanges with sister training leaders--sister McVey and Sister harper--Sister Davis is crazy....hahaha


double rainbow!!


We got to hold kittens!!! There are about 7-9 kittens on my lap! (they're 1-2 weeks old) so cute!!

No comments:

Post a Comment